Pieceful Memories Blog

Sharing many memories old and new. Friendly insights and free hugs.

What to do, what to do..?

I am working on this scrappy quilt which has twelve 16" finished, framed 16 patch blocks. The block borders are 2" finished. I am undecided as to add one border and make it a lap quilt, or add a decorative border of some sort.

I am leaning toward the lap quilt with just adding one possibly three to four in inch border. Any suggestions??

Published Tue, Jan 17 2012 8:59 PM by Kathy M. Boice

Comments

# re: What to do, what to do..?@ Tuesday, January 17, 2012 10:51 PM

I think it will make a beautiful lap quilt!

# re: What to do, what to do..?@ Wednesday, January 18, 2012 1:11 AM

I think you might end up with one very large lap quilt. Try laying them out in a pattern first and get some idea how big it might be. When I had all those 18" squares with 3" borders, I found that they made a huge quilt if I put them all together. I ended up making 2 very good sized lap quilts. 16" blocks are pretty big...especially with a border.Good luck! Can't wait to see the final decision.

Hugs.

by Linda

# re: What to do, what to do..?@ Wednesday, January 18, 2012 1:35 PM

I think it will make a beautiful lap quilt with just the one border.  I like my lap quilts to be a little bigger than the average.  Maybe cause my lap is bigger...LOL>

by Nana

# re: What to do, what to do..?@ Wednesday, January 18, 2012 2:49 PM

If these aren't sew together, you could add some flying geese between your blocks and make it bigger still.

Margaret

# re: What to do, what to do..?@ Wednesday, January 18, 2012 5:10 PM

a piano key border would look good

by gini

# re: What to do, what to do..?@ Wednesday, January 18, 2012 9:47 PM

Great suggestions!! Thanks so much!!