Quilty is going on a cruise!
Thu, Dec 2 2010 11:40 AM
Okay, Quilty isn't exactly going on a cruise (yet) but I am!
My mom, F&P's Love of Quilting editor-in-chief/friend Jean Nolte, and Jodie Davis and I are all headed to Ft. Lauderdale today because we're teaching on a cruise ship! I've never been on a cruise in my 31 years on the planet, so I'm pretty stoked. We'll be teaching and giving talks and hanging out with quilters in the beautiful Caribbean for a whole week, and I plan to do some serious project work.
Stay tuned for lots of reporting from the open sea. Here are my goals:
- Eat something that I've never tried before, preferably Caribbean local cuisine.
- Begin my mother-in-law's Christmas quilt.
- Get even one-half of a shade more color than I usually have this time of year. (I am a pasty, pasty girl.)
- Swim a little.
- Work on the Quilty show outlines, the e-blasts, and all the other pre-launch business.
- Watch the sunrise, every day.
I'm off to the airport, folks! See you in Florida!