Sewing With Scrabble!

Posted Mon, Nov 29 2010 8:34 AM by Mary Fons

How was your holiday?

We had a wonderful time at the lake house. Mark, Mom, my sisters, and my husband and I all cooked and slept and ate. With all that exhausting work, you'd think there would have been no time for sewing, but we're just kinda superheroes that way. I got the binding on a quilt and Mom and I designed a quick baby quilt, too. Rebecca worked on a project -- she's going to be nipped by the bug for sure -- and everyone felt deeply happy to hear the hum of the sewing machine on the back porch.

Even the dog.

Here's a picture of me and Scrabble, Mark and Mom's miniature Golden Doodle. At seven months, she's still a puppy and very much a true love of mine. (Don't worry, I didn't let her get too far with the binding. She's not ready.)

Watch that little paw, Scrabble-do!

Comments

# re: Sewing With Scrabble!

Monday, November 29, 2010 10:43 AM by Barbara

Mary ,this is one of those photos that you will love having 10 years down the road. Very cute. gald you had a good holiday..Barbara

# re: Sewing With Scrabble!

Monday, November 29, 2010 4:30 PM by Nana

Precious photo.  This one will bring back lots of good memories.

# re: Sewing With Scrabble!

Tuesday, November 30, 2010 9:12 AM by Linda

Mary, is that a trusted bernia 1630 that scrabble is using?  I have one that I will not give up enen though I have a 440QE.  My husband suggested I sell "Bernie" and invest in a newer machine.  NO WAY.  Sounds as though ya"ll had a wonderful and relaxing Thanksgiving.

# re: Sewing With Scrabble!

Sunday, December 12, 2010 3:48 PM by Mary Fons

Linda: Yes, it is a Bernina! My mom took her old one up to the cottage to have up there. I'm a true Baby Lock fan, but I like that ol' 1630. I've learned a lot on it!

# re: Sewing With Scrabble!

Wednesday, December 15, 2010 11:41 AM by Nana in Texas

I just had to comment on how excited I was to see Scrabble sewing on a Bernina 1630.  I recognized it immediately.  Mine is 15 yrs of age and still works perfectly.  I confess that I have upgraded to an Artista 630 with embroidery module but the 1630 stays safely tucked away and I take it out once in a while when I want to use the wide decorative stitches.  I can never part with it.

and PS....I also love my Baby Lock Pro for quilting those larger items.    TTFN!