Sew Easy: Checking Seam Allowances

Comments

johanna wrote re: Sew Easy: Checking Seam Allowances
on Monday, 7 December 2009, 6:57 PM

i  glad i watch the short film, because it explain my problem.    I work on a project at my home as well as my   daughter home.  Two different machines, my blocks where not the same. thanks for the tip.

joyce wrote re: Sew Easy: Checking Seam Allowances
on Tuesday, 22 December 2009, 9:34 PM

I use internet explorer and have no problem opening the videos. I have 3 machines and have found that they do sew different. I use the same machine for a project. That insures accuracy.

Kat Smith wrote re: Sew Easy: Checking Seam Allowances
on Sunday, 21 February 2010, 1:36 PM

that explains why that happens when all of us get together and sew and things don't match up!  thanks

Yvonne C Blackmon wrote re: Sew Easy: Checking Seam Allowances
on Thursday, 11 March 2010, 11:45 AM

no sound.  the only one out of the four was the one about borders and selvage... which was very informative.  thanks

sharon134@bresnan.net wrote re: Sew Easy: Checking Seam Allowances
on Monday, 22 March 2010, 10:28 AM

Thanks Jodie,  I know from experiance that you can have a difficult time getting perfect seam allowances

especially, on long strips of fabric.  All your suggestions are very good.  I would suggest getting a quarter

inch foot for your machine, it works extremely well.  I have had perfect sound on every video!

Carol Davis wrote re: Sew Easy: Checking Seam Allowances
on Thursday, 22 April 2010, 8:22 PM

Thanks for the tip. I have used different machines on a project, but not anymore.

SAMELLA wrote re: Sew Easy: Checking Seam Allowances
on Friday, 23 April 2010, 4:43 PM

Thanks for the info. I had to learn that whatever ruler I use it has to be the same one for the entire quilt project. If the seams are not sewn correctly the quilt will not lay flat while you are quilting it.

Kathy Crose wrote re: Sew Easy: Checking Seam Allowances
on Tuesday, 27 April 2010, 11:02 PM

I just bought a 1/4 presser foot for my machine today.  It works great.  I bought a universal one at Joann's and it never worked right.  This one is a dream.  Hopefully no more frustration.

Loretta Jean Norman wrote re: Sew Easy: Checking Seam Allowances
on Wednesday, 2 June 2010, 9:23 PM

I use  a note card with lines 1/4  inch and I just run it along the seam, fast check if its off I can fix it right now.

Jeanne Scrimpsher wrote re: Sew Easy: Checking Seam Allowances
on Friday, 4 June 2010, 3:29 AM

I am new and this is my first video.  It is very clear and helpful and I just bought a 1/4 inch foot for my Bernina.

Thanks.

ninepatchquilter wrote re: Sew Easy: Checking Seam Allowances
on Saturday, 31 July 2010, 11:46 AM

How about a video on how to square up your quilt block? Thanks!

Karla Snow wrote re: Sew Easy: Checking Seam Allowances
on Monday, 23 August 2010, 3:28 PM

I have had a problem in past, but on my sewing if I move the needle one click to the right, I have a perfect quarter.  I also put a sticky note on my machine to remind me to move my needle over before I start working on my quilt.

Thanks for the lessons.

Karla

Carolyn wrote re: Sew Easy: Checking Seam Allowances
on Saturday, 4 September 2010, 5:40 PM

Need to make the screen larger.

LINC wrote re: Sew Easy: Checking Seam Allowances
on Friday, 22 October 2010, 4:01 PM

Sound went out every 10 words.  Larger screen would be easier for classes to see.  Good advice re seams; can't be said enough, especially to beginners.  --A sewing/quilting teacher