Quilting the Kaye Wood Way
2014 Land Tour/Cruise to Australia and New Zealand
January 17, 2014 - February 4, 2014
Quilters Get out your Bucket List.
If you always dreamed of going to Australia, this is your chance.
And you get to go with fellow quilters. It doesn't get any better than that.
7-Day Land Tour and 11 Night Cruise on Royal Caribbean's Voyageur of the Sea
For more information about the Land Tour/Cruise, contact Carillon at Panda Travel
602-943-3383 or 800-447-2632 email Vacations@pandatravel.com
Go HERE for more info....
Quilt Hanging Sleeve by Machine....
1. After the quilt is quilted, this hanging sleeve is put on the back of a quilt entirely by machine.
2. The sleeve should be wide enough so the fold will extend from the top of the quilt to about 1/8" below a border seam on the front of the quilt.
3. Cut a strip this width. Cut the length of the strip approximately 6" less than the width of the quilt.
4. Fold under the short edges 1/4", press and stitch.
5. Fold and press the strip in half lengthwise, wrong sides together.
6. Pin the raw edges of the folded sleeve even with the top edge of the back of the quilt.
7. Stitch the sleeve to the quilt using 1/8" seam. The binding will cover this stitching.
8. Pin the folded edge of the sleeve about 1/8" below a seam on the front of the quilt.
9. Stitch in the ditch from the front of the quilt through the seamline, catching the folded edge on the back.
10. Finish the quilt by adding the binding. Perfect mitered corners are easy following my techniques.
Download this technique HERE