JodyS's Blog

Some pictures of the Cat Quilt

I ran outside to take a couple photos of my not-quite-finished Cat Quilt. Of course that's exactly when a light breeze decided to arrive! So, here they are. One more border to put on...it will be the cat fabric, then make a back .

the light color underneath the blocks is all fishbones!

I'm having fun!

JodyS

Posted: Fri, Sep 28 2012 1:08 PM by JodyS | with 6 comment(s)
Filed under: , ,

Comments

Tammy said:

Awesome!!  Your quilt is very nice.  The colors are great together and the fabrics are perfect.  I have to say that I read you what you learned and I had to laugh.  I have done the same thing; you get started and just don't want to quit until you are done, but your eyes can't take much more.  Can't wait to see and read more from you!!!

# September 28, 2012 3:36 PM

JodyS said:

Thanks Tammy! Learning again can be a comedy of errors! I'm just happy everything lined up. I haven't touched a sewing machine in 47 years so this is a feat!

I wish I didn't have to be gone for over a week so I could finish it. A friend of mine who has a Statler stitcher is going to quilt cats on it for me. I'm just starting practicing machine quilting so it's best she do it. Otherwise I'd have to tell my neice the quilt pattern was: Great Aunt Loses Her MInd! LOL

# September 28, 2012 4:17 PM

Nana said:

cute quilt.  Is that Laural Burch fabric?...  looks like some of her cat fabric.

# September 28, 2012 9:51 PM

JodyS said:

Nana, it's a Karen Hillard Good for Timeless Treasures fabric. I've had for a very long time. LOL I'm a fabriholic and have been buying fabric forever...long before I decided to start learning to quilt again.

# September 29, 2012 10:07 AM

Sharon said:

Really coming out great, I like the way you did the sashing.  Definitely an original.  I have cat material that I bought years ago for a quilt for one of my grandaughters. One of these days...

# October 1, 2012 8:11 PM

JodyS said:

Thanks so much Sharon. I'm learning a great deal!

# October 2, 2012 11:56 AM