Scraps Scraps & Scraps

I love making scrappy quilts.  Because I do some paper piecing,  I tend to keep even the smallest leftovers.  Not being able to close the drawers on my scraps, I went through them all and cut up everything that was less than a 1/4 yard into 2 1/2" squares.  First up is a quilt called Film at Five that uses hundreds of those little squares.  It feels so good to whittle down the scrap drawers and end up with something lovely!  I'm excited about this one...will post a picture when it's completed!

Published Wed, Feb 20 2013 6:14 PM by jeanne marie c.
Filed under: ,

Comments

# re: Scraps Scraps & Scraps

Wednesday, February 20, 2013 8:44 PM by Carlene Foster

I have a bunch of templates at the call when my scrap pile gets too big and I cut random shapes (not everything fits nicely into squares in my scraps)  I store the cut pieces in sandwich ziplocks and when I get too much to close the storage box, another scrap baby is born.  I love scrappy too!

# re: Scraps Scraps & Scraps

Wednesday, February 20, 2013 9:08 PM by SoBuzy

Can't wait to see!

# re: Scraps Scraps & Scraps

Thursday, February 21, 2013 6:24 PM by Linda

A kindred spirit!!!!!

# re: Scraps Scraps & Scraps

Friday, February 22, 2013 3:44 AM by Barbara

A gal after my won heart ,I have so many bags of scraps ,I'll never get thru them all .Look foward to seeing your quilt .

# re: Scraps Scraps & Scraps

Thursday, February 28, 2013 10:05 PM by JP

I use my scraps to make "Mile a Minute" blocks from which my church quilt group makes comfort quilts to give to people who are in need.  I have made these blocks for years for this purpose.  My scrap bags never get empty even though I/we have made thousands of these blocks.  We are currently making 25 twin size quilts for a care center in Africa.  Almost all the blocks are from "mile a minute".  Good luck making scrap quilts.  I just completed a quilt  made of scraps that have crosses all over it.  I will post a pic of it soon.