Important Update Regarding Quilters Club of America

Dear Quilters Club of America Member –

First and foremost, thank you for your continued loyalty and commitment to Quilters Club of America. It is our pleasure to serve you with the very best inspiration and instruction and we are proud to have such a passionate and growing community of quilters sharing their love of quilting with us and with one another.

Today we would like to inform you of a few exciting changes that have been taking place with our company:

•        Our parent company, New Track Media, was acquired on January 17, 2014 by the leading enthusiast media company, F+W Media (www.fwmedia.com). For nearly a century, F+W Media has been focused on serving enthusiasts with the best possible products and services for artists, crafters, sewers, quilters, and more. The Company’s mission is focused solely on its enthusiasts, and the products and services consumers need to profit from their passion or achieve success – and now that includes YOU!

•        Your feedback is invaluable to us (and to F+W Media) and providing you a better online experience is our top priority. We have heard your call loud and clear and know that you have been frustrated with our Website. As you know, we have been working on this platform for many months and now looking at the site with a fresh set of eyes, it’s time to start over. F+W Media has an experienced and committed team of Web developers who are making it their priority to quickly improve the QCA Website.  We will keep you informed of details, release date, and new features as they become available.

•        Customer Service is also an area where we will make immediate improvements: we are ramping up our processes and expanding the team to better support and serve you.  If you need to get in touch, please email us at admin@quiltersclubofamerica.com

The benefits of joining F+W Media are many for our entire team – and we know you, too, will soon reap the benefits through these and other improvements. But at our core, do know Quilters Club of America remains ‘designed by quilters, for quilters’ and we thank you again for your patience as we work to provide you the best possible experience and service!

Happy Quilting,

Quilters Club of America

Comments

gini wrote re: Important Update Regarding Quilters Club of America
on Friday, 7 February 2014, 2:31 PM

I am so looking forward to the site being functional again.  you have the best working platform for quilters out there.  we have been exploring other quilting forums to find something that works for us, none of them quite measures up to QCA when it is working, and it has been a long time since it has worked smoothly.

you need to understand that we have been given these promises before, multiple times, and are a bit skeptical.  I sincerely hope you will follow through with your improvements and you can get this site up and working again.   a year ago, when I logged in once a day, there would be three pages of threads to read through with multiple posts per thread,  now we're lucky to have ten threads in  a day with a couple of posts per thread.  it has taken me a week, to get onto the applique group so I can post the next block in our quilt along, and now I couldn't get on that group this morning.  we are frustrated, but a lot of us have stuck it out, hoping the fix would get done.

good luck, I hope this transition goes smoothly and quickly for you and for the members of QCA.   I am happily anticipating a renewed QCA.

harlin wrote re: Important Update Regarding Quilters Club of America
on Saturday, 15 February 2014, 11:29 AM

I too hope this will be a big improvement. It is very frustrating with a can I get on or not and try 2 hours later and still can't. I enjoy the site when it is working and hopefully the improvements in the customer repot will help a lot

heierb@yahoo.com wrote re: Important Update Regarding Quilters Club of America
on Saturday, 15 February 2014, 7:03 PM

I have to honest, this has been the most frustrating website to try to log on.  I joined the first year it was available, but had decided not to renew because of the problems.  Am anxious to see the changes that will be made and just might change my mind.  Good luck with the transition!

Bev wrote re: Important Update Regarding Quilters Club of America
on Saturday, 15 February 2014, 11:23 PM

I simply use Mozilla Firefox to sign on.  I also have internet explorer on my laptop but generally use Firefox for ease of getting things done!

sallygee@shentel.net wrote re: Important Update Regarding Quilters Club of America
on Monday, 17 February 2014, 9:45 PM

I would like to have my e mail address updated, as to my "Name".  Please advise.

Almost everyone I talk with is crossing their fingers for an improved website with the aquisition by New Track Media.  If we aren't successful, some of us will find other sites to visit.....friendlier and more informative sites.

mathlila wrote re: Important Update Regarding Quilters Club of America
on Tuesday, 18 February 2014, 11:26 PM

I tried to log in to QNNtv.com.  I guess I had to do something else.  Do I have to start from scratch.  I have  a new member registration form completed and your payment was received.  I have a password for QCA--does that not work on other sites.  It said QNN was included, but won't let me in.  Now what.  I'd appreciate a heads up. Thanks.

Lila or as my username states mathlila

Bonnie Jean wrote re: Important Update Regarding Quilters Club of America
on Saturday, 1 March 2014, 7:07 AM

I also am frustrated with the website, and have not received any benefits from being a member other than the magazine that comes in  the mail.  Frankly, I feel like it has been a waste of my money and will probably not rejoin.

kmeyer82641 wrote re: Important Update Regarding Quilters Club of America
on Saturday, 1 March 2014, 9:03 AM

So is this the reason I can't see all the quilting magazine I thought I was eligible for?

Brigit-Carol wrote re: Important Update Regarding Quilters Club of America
on Saturday, 1 March 2014, 9:09 PM

WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO GET THE SITE FUNCTIONAL AGAIN?  THIS IS ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS -- WE'VE BEEN WAITING FOR MONTHS WITH PROMISES AFTER PROMISES.  DO YOU REALISE HOW MANY MEMBERS YOU ARE LOSING DUE TO THE CONTINUING SITE ISSUES?  I HAVEN'T BEEN ABLE TO GET ON REGULARLY FOR WEEKS, AND WHEN I DO,  I EITHER GET BOUNCED OFF OR THE SITE RUNS SO SLOWLY I GIVE UP.

Brigit-Carol wrote re: Important Update Regarding Quilters Club of America
on Saturday, 1 March 2014, 9:11 PM

--Just to add, it has been 120 seconds since I hit the "add comment" button and it still hasn't posted.  I don't know of many people who can wait 2 full minutes for a post to register.

uaniquilt wrote re: Important Update Regarding Quilters Club of America
on Sunday, 2 March 2014, 11:15 AM

I hope the sight is improved soon.  Lately it is almost impossible to navigate - SLOW to load and often giving me "an error happened" message.  The APQS Forum is an awesome sight and soon to become my favorite if Quilters Club doesn't improve.

Chris

arthriticmama wrote re: Important Update Regarding Quilters Club of America
on Sunday, 2 March 2014, 2:55 PM

As "Bev" wrote above, I use Mozilla Firefox to log on, and it works every time. However, many of the video sites do not work, regardless of how I get online. As for signing in to QNNtv, it is indeed the same as your log in for QCA, but you do have to use that sign-on individually for QNNtv. It took me several months to figure that out, tho' it  probably tells you that somewhere in the QCA site.

Anyway, I too am looking forward to the improvements to come, and will continue to be thankful that I can get what I get at the moment.

KayHenningson wrote re: Important Update Regarding Quilters Club of America
on Sunday, 2 March 2014, 6:23 PM

Why are some of the blogs still listed here when they are months (or years) out of date?

Melva Campbell wrote re: Important Update Regarding Quilters Club of America
on Monday, 3 March 2014, 6:30 AM

I have had a lot of problems with the website, mostly with signing in, not recognizing my password. Hope the problems are solved soon

Melva Campbell wrote re: Important Update Regarding Quilters Club of America
on Monday, 3 March 2014, 6:35 AM

I had a problem even adding this comment, website not running when I added comment,

pioneerwoman120537 wrote re: Important Update Regarding Quilters Club of America
on Monday, 3 March 2014, 1:34 PM

Areas of concern from Canada:  1) renewing membership on line - I always have to call customer service to renew 2) wait on hold for lengthy time due to lack of staff - QCA should hire more staff to answer phone inquiries; 3) as a member, I would like to participate in giveaway offers.  No technical difficulties to report - just lucky I guess.

Ann Roadarmel wrote re: Important Update Regarding Quilters Club of America
on Saturday, 15 March 2014, 4:36 PM

I am terrible with using the computer so I thought the problems were due to me.  LOL

mab60@windstream.net wrote re: Important Update Regarding Quilters Club of America
on Sunday, 16 March 2014, 7:30 PM

I'm having a terrible time signing in...I like many other members will probably not be renewing my membership.  It is just too hard to enjoy.

Mary Ann Bednarik

sklgramma@juno.com wrote re: Important Update Regarding Quilters Club of America
on Monday, 17 March 2014, 11:29 AM

Thanks for once again being compatible with internet explorer, as it is what I use and am most comfortable with. It was difficult to switch carrier just for your site.

MabelRose wrote re: Important Update Regarding Quilters Club of America
on Thursday, 20 March 2014, 9:38 AM

It took months after I joined to get the promised benefits and actually be able to use them.  Very frustrated.  I don't know if I will join again.  I don't like fighting to get what I already paid for.

sj wrote re: Important Update Regarding Quilters Club of America
on Sunday, 10 August 2014, 5:10 PM

Well I did renew and thought I would try the premium offer instead   they told me after I paid to do it again I done it  I think was 4 times then they said I had to register I could not register but then I got this pop-up window and said thank you for your subscription to QCA and we will automatically enroll you in your next renewal. I feel as I have been taken advantage of.