Baby Lock: Are You Eleanor's Biggest Fan?

Comments

SHARONS-25 wrote re: Baby Lock: Are You Eleanor's Biggest Fan?
on Saturday, 21 July 2012, 12:53 PM

My first quilt was the Log Cabin pattern from Eleanor's book.  That was way back in the early 80's.  I had not thought of becoming a quilter, but my elderly neighbor had made a quilt that I fell in love with all the detail.  She talked me into taking a class and my log cabin quilt was fantastic.  I quit making clothes and have made a lot of quilts for quite a few people.  I am hooked and I owe it all to Eleanor and my neighbor.

wavic wrote re: Baby Lock: Are You Eleanor's Biggest Fan?
on Monday, 23 July 2012, 10:20 AM

Big fan, I have bought most of her books and video/cd's. Very easy to follow. I enjoy Eleanor..

Stitchin Stella wrote re: Baby Lock: Are You Eleanor's Biggest Fan?
on Tuesday, 24 July 2012, 7:55 AM

Eleanor is the real deal.  So down to earth, she enjoys life and shows it with every smile.  She is very kind when you attend one of her talks and/or demos.  You need not be worried about your questions.  Eleanor is welcoming and very approachable.   She loves to quilt and loves to see her passion in all of us. She is a gem !

frannie wrote re: Baby Lock: Are You Eleanor's Biggest Fan?
on Sunday, 29 July 2012, 2:05 PM

My favorite teacher of all.  She has inspired me from the first book I purchased and will always be number one in my book.  She is exciting to watch on all her wideos.  They make me want to start quilting as I watch, and most of the time I do..Love ya Eleanor.

From Across The Miles,

Frannie

looped wrote re: Baby Lock: Are You Eleanor's Biggest Fan?
on Wednesday, 1 August 2012, 9:51 AM

I would love to have her ability, and since I'm just starting; anyone who has her skill is my favourite!!!

Sheila wrote re: Baby Lock: Are You Eleanor's Biggest Fan?
on Thursday, 2 August 2012, 10:48 AM

Not really, but to be fair I have not used her patterns a lot.

Eliza Payne wrote re: Baby Lock: Are You Eleanor's Biggest Fan?
on Monday, 6 August 2012, 9:08 PM

If it weren't for Eleanor, I would never have started quilting.  I introduced my mom to her as well and I am sure that she has made at least 90% of the patterns that Eleanor has printed.  If it weren't for Eleanor, my mom would not have picked her interest in quilting again.  She sews almost exclusively from Eleanors patterns and has made some beautiful quilts as a result.  It is something we were working on together until I got sick.  I hope that we will get to complete a few more quilts before she is no longer able to do it.  Mom is 85 yrs and is going strong.  Thank you Eleanor for all you have done for the quilting community.

dcamp44 wrote re: Baby Lock: Are You Eleanor's Biggest Fan?
on Thursday, 16 August 2012, 9:35 AM

Since I have only been quilting for about a year ,the quilting world is new to me. But I have come to love the shows that I have watched and all the articals I have read about Eleanor Burns. Enjoy her style of putting on a sewing class ,such fun,cooking and quilting at the same time. Thanks for all the Quilting humor that comes from her classrooms. Have never attended a class of hers but hope to some day.

Kathleen Gray wrote re: Baby Lock: Are You Eleanor's Biggest Fan?
on Saturday, 18 August 2012, 11:32 AM

I watched her on her television show and her humor is great.  Her instructions for quilting are so easy to follow.  Great teacher.

Cookiequilts wrote re: Baby Lock: Are You Eleanor's Biggest Fan?
on Friday, 31 August 2012, 10:42 AM

I LOVE ELENORE! I have learned so much from her quilt books, especially the Civil War quilt. I think I own every one of her hard cover books. I am now working on a sampler quilt using 30s fabric from one of her hard covers. I am sure I will learn a lot more. Also love her tv show. So much fun to watch. So...am I a fan? 1 BIG one.

Eva wrote re: Baby Lock: Are You Eleanor's Biggest Fan?
on Wednesday, 13 February 2013, 5:53 PM

Love her teachings, TV show and her personality.  Heard from people who met her in person - she is the happiest person on Earth.  I use so much chain piecing because of her.