Mine are the historical quilts of the 1800s and the contemporary quilt area.  I really appreciate the history and stories of traditional quilts and the fabrics and color of contemporary quilts. All of the makers have stories to tell, all relevant to their own time.

Diane, Assistant Editor

Comments

gini wrote re: When you go to a quilt show, what are your favorite areas to look through and why?
on Wednesday, 15 September 2010, 10:59 PM

applique and expecially baltimore album quilts. they are so exquisite.   gini

Nana wrote re: When you go to a quilt show, what are your favorite areas to look through and why?
on Thursday, 16 September 2010, 12:04 AM

I love all of the quilts but especially Baltimore Album quilts.

klenihan404 wrote re: When you go to a quilt show, what are your favorite areas to look through and why?
on Monday, 20 September 2010, 4:22 PM

I go first to the art quilts because I know it will get my creative urges stirring without the feeling of "I can never be that good".  Then the hand applique, then the traditional patterns with hand quilting which are the true "art quilts" to me.

Jeanine wrote re: When you go to a quilt show, what are your favorite areas to look through and why?
on Thursday, 23 September 2010, 10:40 PM

Miniature quilts; bright, fun, contemporary quilts; I'm not into applique;  I am intrigued by art quilts but don't have a desire to make one myself.  Unfortuantely, I like the vendor booths too much.

evsferrets@aol.com wrote re: When you go to a quilt show, what are your favorite areas to look through and why?
on Thursday, 23 September 2010, 11:30 PM

I start with the art quilts, move on to traditional and applique. Mini and contemporary quilts are must-sees as well. Anyone going to OakBrook, Illinois next week? Hope to see you there.

PogoGirl07 wrote re: When you go to a quilt show, what are your favorite areas to look through and why?
on Friday, 1 October 2010, 4:29 PM

Is it fair to say "the vendors?" I love seeing the quilts, of course, and spend a lot of time there--but there's no particular type of quilt I want to see more than others. I love them all! I spend hours looking at the quilts and appreciate all the types for what they each have to offer. That being said, I really do also look forward to being able to spend time in the vendors area. I like knowing what's new--what new tools, books, gadgets, techniques, trends, etc., are out there. I may not even buy anything--although usually will--but mostly I see it as a real educational experience.

Deb Kienow wrote re: When you go to a quilt show, what are your favorite areas to look through and why?
on Friday, 1 October 2010, 5:42 PM

I love the vendors also.  As I am fairly new to quilting, anything I see or learn is helpful.  I love to study the quilts and I admire the work and expertise that goes into them.  Hopefully, some day I will be able to accomplish quilts of that degree.  But, the vendors still get most of my attention first.  There is never enough time to do it all.

Chris wrote re: When you go to a quilt show, what are your favorite areas to look through and why?
on Friday, 1 October 2010, 6:56 PM

Most of the time I go to the vendors first and then the quilts.  I just love scrappy quilts.

debi@lingwall.com wrote re: When you go to a quilt show, what are your favorite areas to look through and why?
on Friday, 1 October 2010, 10:31 PM

I too like to go to the vendors first then take my time through the quilts.  I like to look at the art quilts, it is amazing what they come up with, but I make traditional quilts.

Spudgrandma wrote re: When you go to a quilt show, what are your favorite areas to look through and why?
on Saturday, 2 October 2010, 12:09 AM

I've only been to a couple of shows but really enjoyed the quilts made by kids. The last one I went to they all had stories to go with the quilts and some of them were so cute and funny.

Gramma wrote re: When you go to a quilt show, what are your favorite areas to look through and why?
on Saturday, 2 October 2010, 2:01 AM

I also go through the vendors first to see what's new and exciting....and there is always something new and always something exciting to see or do...then I go through and look at all the quilts......I love looking at all the different designs... choices of patterns and the fabrics used with them and the many different ways they have been used. I thoroughly enjoy it all.

Snowbird Quilter wrote re: When you go to a quilt show, what are your favorite areas to look through and why?
on Saturday, 2 October 2010, 11:33 AM

I just go row by row.  Then to the vendors of course!  When I get home I find myself comtemplating the ones that I keep seeing in my minds eye.  One year it was the black and whites.   One year it was the nine patch and rails.  One year it was the pastels.  Just love them all!

quilty wrote re: When you go to a quilt show, what are your favorite areas to look through and why?
on Monday, 4 October 2010, 8:15 AM

I love the vendors!  I am always lookin for new patterns and gadgets.  There are many wonderful examples in the booths that get me all fired up to go home and sew.