January's survey question asked, "You are being exiled to a desert island and can only take 10 quilting items with you. What do you choose to take?"
We got a lot of excellent, funny and surprising answers from everyone
who responded. Congratulations to our three winners below. The winners
of January's survey question (selected at random) each get $50 worth of
Fons & Porter notions. (Sorry, no trip to a desert island
Pat Roberts definitely plans to be connected on her desert island adventure:
"How big can the items be? I would take my quilting room as it has
everything I need. Otherwise, I would take my laptop, extra
batteries and WiFi, (to access my favorite quilting web sites), my good
scissors, rotary cutter, cutting mat, a bolt of fabric, a bolt of
batting, needles and a jumbo spool of thread."
Member pkraay included both UFOs and new projects:
"Hi, I would take:
2.) patterns for English Paper Piecing
7.) papers for English Paper Piecing
8.) straight pins
9.) all my UFO's waiting to be quilted
10.) all my quilting magazines to dream"
Dot Bushman from Threads etc. included lots of creature comforts (and a great sense of humor!) in her list:
"1. My Grandma's treadle sewing machine (I rather doubt there is electricity)
2. My retreat cart (mind you it has everything you could ever want...almost needs a fork lift to move it)
3. A case of "I Hate Ironing" (Once again...no electricity.)
4. My stash (I have a wonderful stash...I own a quilt shop what do you expect?)
5. My tent (I hate bugs.)
6. My pillow (I love my pillow.)
7. A change of undies etc. (Tee hee)
8. A tool box (a big manly one with hammer, nails, saws, screws, wrenches etc.)
9. A ton of food (beverage included)
10. A ship to shore radio with extra batteries (so I can call my husband to bring me more supplies)"
COMMENTS TRANFERRED from ORIGINAL POST:
on Wednesday, 10 March 2010, 11:16 PM
what a fun contest.