1. As a quilter, I wish I could... Get published
2. My favorite part of quilting is... Creating warmth for other people
3. If you saw my stash, you would notice... That I love paisley and coordinating fabrics
4. I find myself drawn to... traditional block quilts
5. My favorite colors are... I love fall colors burnt orange, burnt red,green,purple,yellow,ect... because... I love fall, It is the best time of year for me
6. Colors I rarely use are... because... muted colors, girly colors.
7. I challenge myself by... Thin outside the box
8. My favorite quilt I've made is... bridging the centuries. From the December 2000 issue of APQ because... It was the first quilt I made for me.
9. Outside of quilting, one wonderful thing about me is... I love people and I love to here about them and their life's journey.
I wrote in my introduce yourself about moving my son out of his bedroom and making his room my sewing room. I wanted to share with you all how I turned tat small room into my haven.
I don't have the walls painted yet or the wood floor refinished but here it is in picture form. The room is only 12'X9'
- West wall, We bought a prefabbed counter top and I set it on milk creates. underneath, I store all my pattern boxes. we added two sets of shelving brackets to the wall and I made a set of corner shelves and rectangular shelves. Above the counter top I store some of my fat quarters in plastic creates that I buy at Wall Mart for a buck. They are perfect for fat quarters.
- North wall,This is where I have the computer set up to my TV monitor. I bought this cabinet at K Mart on a close out. The Rolly bin next to it I purchased from Jo Ann's When they closed their doors and moved into their super store. ( I worked for them for 4 years) It stores all my yarn, Craft fair projects, some batting, and my craft supplies.
- East wall,This is where the closet is and to the right above the cutting table is two cupboard doors. This is where I store all my Cotton fabrics.
- in the closet, I store all my textile fabric for sewing, and the totes that are on the top contain scraps and batting.
- This is the South wall It serves as my office space. Here again we have a prefabbed counter top on the one end it sits atop two milk creates. on the other end it is attached to a closet shelf unit. with two L brackets.
One day real soon I will move it all downstairs and until we can paint, and redo the wood floor. I have purchased all the fabric to make curtains and covers for all my stuff. I can't wait!!!!!