Deborah Vollbracht--Simple Elegance Table Coasters

We hope you enjoy this design from Deborah Vollbracht, our first designer to be featured in the new Designers Showcase!  To download this pattern, just click on the .pdf file (green link) next to "Attachment" found at the conclusion of this post.

Deborah says, "All the elements are neat because, not only are they easy to sew--they are reversible, there is no hand sewing and no binding on any of the pieces in the 5-piece pattern set."

The matching pattern for Simple Elegance Table Dressings below (Plate mats, table scarf, pad and 2 styles of napkins) are available for purchase at: www.youcanquiltthis.com

About Deborah Vollbracht:
I am an ordinary, everyday, in love with textiles quilter, mostly self-taught, just like you, who loves to explore with fabric, thread, and shapes.  I have made many quilts and wall art, both traditional and contemporary in design, large pieces and small, and I gravitate toward non-traditional design.  Lately my journey, (as a result of time pressures we all experience), has taken a path that leads to smaller pieces, simple shapes and quickly completed projects-a sort of "side trip" on the quilting highway.  I now design exclusively for Yolanda V. Fundora textiles-an ideal and compatible "traveling companion".  It has been an exciting, colorful adventure-can't wait to see where we travel next!

As they say, it's not the destination, but the pleasure of the journey in traveling there.

Deborah Vollbracht
Visit my blog at www.creativefolkquilting.blogspot.com

Comments

simone wrote re: Deborah Vollbracht--Simple Elegance Table Coasters
on Sunday, 4 October 2009, 7:41 PM

lindo.Adorei.espero que possamos trocar informações.Beijos

simone

Applik wrote re: Deborah Vollbracht--Simple Elegance Table Coasters
on Wednesday, 7 October 2009, 10:02 AM

WOW thanks for sharing these items.

I love the design for the coasters. We make lots of them as we sell tickets on our raffle quilts and we do a  Coaster Congo Line (one irons fabric, one cuts fabric, one sets them up for sewing, three sew, one turns them RSO) We do various coaster designs and this is our incentive for selling our tickets at our Community Events when we sell raffle quilts.

Our tickets are $2.00 each or book of 10 for $20.00. When anyone purchases a full book of 10 tickets our incentive is buy a book of tickets and receive a free coaster.  It's quite amazing how many people want a free coaster and will purchase the full book. People love go receive something when they buy tickets........

Can we use your design for our raffle book sellers? Always on look out for fun incentives.

gobin-foys simone wrote re: Deborah Vollbracht--Simple Elegance Table Coasters
on Friday, 6 November 2009, 12:55 AM

excellent work! çà donne envie de boire un the! I make one today!

congratulations!

E. Joy wrote re: Deborah Vollbracht--Simple Elegance Table Coasters
on Friday, 6 November 2009, 9:14 AM

I just came back to the site (because I've been in China) and found these again. Thanks admin. for posting this for me.

BeckieCann wrote re: Deborah Vollbracht--Simple Elegance Table Coasters
on Friday, 5 March 2010, 12:06 PM

Without bias binding worries, these coasters are my answer as to what to do for Spring gift-giving. St. Patrick's Day, Easter, Mother's Day, Graduation, weddings. I pulled some similar, larger patterns from my "100 Quick-to-Quilt Potholders" book, thinking about quilted wall art -- without the need to frame --  and seasonal decorations that can hang by a fabric loop. I have been using scrap polyester batting with a couple layers of flannel or layer of terry cloth, which will not hold up to heat very well as a pot holder or table trivet. Warm and Natural is a faster alternative.

Pat wrote re: Deborah Vollbracht--Simple Elegance Table Coasters
on Saturday, 24 April 2010, 10:59 PM

These are just great gifts, and how cute.  Thanks for sharing these with us.

Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.