Happily Quilting

Quilting makes life fun
Posted: by

Linda said:

I've just started blogging too. Have patience and perserverance. I joined Oct. 6 and have just finally finishe the set up on my blog. Your background picture isn't showing which means you probably forgot to do a save when you uploaded the file. I did it many, many times. Like I said it takes perserverance. Welcome to blogging. Once you get the setup, you'll be fine. One day at a time. Good luck!

# October 22, 2011 12:53 PM

Ann said:

Looking at your first blog entry we're feeling so much excitement for you.  Enjoy the experience entirely!

# October 24, 2011 6:06 AM

Spudgrandma said:

Elizabeth, I thought for sure you would make off with the FW... LOL

# October 9, 2012 4:47 PM

Spudgrandma said:

I totally agree, it was a wonderful time. Nice to have met you.

# October 9, 2012 4:48 PM

Elizabeth said:

A Spud me to!

# October 9, 2012 5:57 PM

gini said:

i had that thing packed up before she knew what was happening.

# October 20, 2012 11:50 AM

Spudgrandma said:

I hope you feel better soon Elizabeth!

# October 23, 2012 11:56 AM

Spudgrandma said:

Very pretty Elizabeth and I think that Thank yous come much later these days.

# October 23, 2012 1:52 PM

Dennise Sheppard said:

Elizabeth.  Your quilt is very nice.  I too believe the "thank yous" will come later.  My new Daughter in Law waited almost a year to send hers out because she was waiting for the photographer to complete her photo order to include a photo in each thank you.  No excuse in my book, I agree with you.  As soon as you receive a gift, a thank you goes in the mail.  She could have always sent to photo later as well.  In the "olden" days, if we borrowed a cup of sugar, an egg, flour, etc from a neighbor, it was promptly returned two fold.  Yes, those were the days of appreciation.  Today's youth are not being taught the same values as we had.  Don't give up on them, they are OUR future.  Keep praying for them.  I'm sure we were different from our parents too.

# October 23, 2012 6:37 PM

Patricia Faye said:

I'm fortunate to have a wonderful daughter in law who is extremely well trained & she did send out the thank you cards within 2-6 of the wedding.  She also "helps" her husband (my son) to remember birthdays & Christmas cards/gifts for his side of the family!  She's a keeper.

I agree with Dennise that many children aren't being taught the same values as we were.  If you haven't heard from them within 6 months, I think I'd send a note asking if they received the quilt!

# October 23, 2012 10:15 PM

Spudgrandma said:

You do not know how lucky you are Elizabeth... The quilts are beautiful

# October 24, 2012 11:19 PM

Elizabeth said:

Spud, I DO know how lucky I am.  I am one of the few people I know who not only gets along with my siblings but ENJOYS spending time with them.  I credit my mom for this.

# October 25, 2012 11:47 AM

Spudgrandma said:

Yep, that is a blessing. My kids are that way they love being together, but my siblings and my husbands are a different story...Sad!

# October 25, 2012 8:15 PM

msmauralarocca said:

Thank you Sandy for giving me the time to stay home and quilt!  I've had a project on my sewing table for the past three weeks, and can't seem to find the time to sew!  I guess it takes a hurricane to help me!

# October 29, 2012 7:30 AM

Dona4ky said:

I hope and pray all are safe during these storms!

# October 29, 2012 12:14 PM

Debbie said:

Thanks, Elizabeth, while I do not have anything drastic like CRPS(not sure what it is), I still have back aches, IBS and arthritis so I can understand how bad you feel, alot worse like me!  But you are so right, others are out here and you'll feel better soon, I know.  Prayers coming your way for some relief.

# November 18, 2012 4:57 PM

gini said:

i'm so sorry you are going through this.  i hope your pain goes away soon.

# November 19, 2012 9:51 AM

Linda said:

Believe me I know what pain is having been thru a car accident that almost took my life, but I'm still here. What is CRPS? I know what IBS and learned to control it with diet,but I also have arthritis and fibromyalgia. I'm feeling your pain. My prayers are for those in constant pain that includes you. Think positive...I found that to be the best policy next to prayer. Hugs.

# November 19, 2012 5:16 PM

Elizabeth said:

CRPS, is Circutory Regional Pain Syndrom, a relativly rare disease.  It cause pain in the affected areas that do nor respond to pain meds as they are phantom pains.

# November 19, 2012 7:48 PM

Pamela said:

Actually, it is attached to your blog. If anyone clicks on the file, they can open it for printing or save it.

# January 1, 2013 2:57 PM

Elizabeth said:

Yes I did this this morning but was not sure if the link would work.  Thanks for letting me know it worked

# January 1, 2013 3:38 PM

Jacy said:

Elizabeth, thanks for sharing!

# January 3, 2013 1:08 PM

Elizabeth said:

Very Happy to, this has sved me more than once

# January 3, 2013 1:27 PM

Joan E Beier said:

Very Happy to see this chart as I am new to Quilting. I know it will be put to good use.

Thanks Joan

# January 3, 2013 1:37 PM

Barbara said:

Elizabeth , have you checked in to the software  Triangulations ,by Brenda Henning. it is for makeing HST of all sizes. This was not expensive and just works on your computer. I love mine and use it for large projects were I need alot of HST. Barbara

# January 8, 2013 7:43 AM

Elizabeth said:

Thanks Barbara, I am off to look that up now

# January 8, 2013 9:31 AM

Carolyn (CarolBeau) said:

Best of luck to you!  I have always wanted to learn to play bridge, but never done it for some reason.

# January 11, 2013 1:30 PM

MinnesotaGirl said:

Wow! What great information!!  Thanks for all of your work!

# February 1, 2013 6:17 PM