Thea's quilting trials and tribulations.

Life teaches us many lessons! Some of the greatest lessons in my life have been taught to me by my quilts and the people that I have met through my quilting.

Front Porch - quilts and Tipper

My DH built me a front porch - okay it is like most he does not finished yet - but I can put my chairs out there covered in my quilts and when the mosquito population dies down I will sit out there with the kitties and watch the sunset.  I air quilts out on the chairs - the chairs are ugly so this way i put some color out front.  Some of the ladies down the street asked me if I worried about the quilts fading I said no - they don't get much sunlight underneath the big Maple tree but they are to be used - I didn't make them to sit in the cupboard and not be used...lol

So here is my front porch - a couple quilts haven't been shown before - One is the blue one that Tipper is sitting on - there is a site that does a mystery quilt each year on New Year's Day - I have done it a couple times - this was the quilt from I think 3 years ago - then there is my first log cabin - it is about 10 years old now - and then the cheater applique from thimbleberries... it is about 5 years old.

My little heaven on earth is my front porch - you will find me out here a lot when I can get rid of the mosquitos... right now they are thick - I change out the quilts all the time and usually bring them in each evening...

Published Thu, Jul 30 2009 7:51 PM by Thea

Comments

# re: Front Porch - quilts and Tipper@ Thursday, July 30, 2009 10:18 PM

What a lovely, lovely porch you have--and your quilts look beautiful there!  It gives me ideas of our front porch, where everyone loves to sit and visit in the evenings.  thanks!

by maryg

# re: Front Porch - quilts and Tipper@ Thursday, July 30, 2009 10:33 PM

my dh put a full length porch on last summer and putting some of my quilts out there is a great idea, thanks

# re: Front Porch - quilts and Tipper@ Friday, July 31, 2009 2:03 AM

I would love it if my DH would give me a railing or walls with screened in windows that I wanted - but I am happy for my porch and someday he might do it - if I don't let him know that that is what I really want...lol

glad to have given you ideas for your porches - I say use those quilts...

by Thea

# re: Front Porch - quilts and Tipper@ Friday, July 31, 2009 11:54 AM

One of my kitties just knocked on the front door - so I let him in and looked out at my porch - yesterday I didn't put quilts on all the chairs as one was wet from the storm the night before - well that is the chair China is sitting in today... had to laugh - guess his favorite isn't out there today...

by Thea

# re: Front Porch - quilts and Tipper@ Friday, July 31, 2009 12:41 PM

Thea, I really like the look. It gives me ideas as well.

by Kris

# re: Front Porch - quilts and Tipper@ Friday, July 31, 2009 2:32 PM

Kris  - it is so comfortable - originally I wanted a Florida room but guess DH figured I would settle for this - it is nice - I lean up all the chairs under the overhang when it rains... and the rug is one of those inexpensive throw rugs - it has Blue roses on it which was my email address for a lot of years... I love sitting out there watching the people go by... I would love to have one of those old houses with the wrap around porches... maybe when we move to PA that is what I will look for.

by Thea

# re: Front Porch - quilts and Tipper@ Thursday, April 1, 2010 4:20 PM

Such pretty quilts Thea, and what a great atmosphere it creates on your front porch. Thanks for sharing.

# re: Front Porch - quilts and Tipper@ Thursday, April 1, 2010 4:56 PM

thea, i don't know how i missed these  i love you quilts on the front porch   gini

by gini