Thea's quilting trials and tribulations.

Life teaches us many lessons! Some of the greatest lessons in my life have been taught to me by my quilts and the people that I have met through my quilting.

A Year in the Garden

I found Beth Ferrier's Yahoo group called Appleboms.  It isn't really her site but a site devoted to doing her BOM each year - the first year I found it they were doing A Year in the Garden... I did it - and then went on to making 5 others of her quilts.  i am trying to do her quilt this year.  I absolutely love this woman - she is a great teacher... I was priveleged to attend her class in Lawton Oklahoma... She is a very good teacher - I will post some more of the quilts I made that were designed from her as I find the pictures - In my hands is my cat Buddy... he is a mentally challenged siamese... but that is a story for another day...

Here is another view of most of the quilt - I couldn't hang it as it hangs from the ceiling and folds up on the floor - the quilt is very heavy - the woman who did the quilting for me did a lot of McTavish quilting - it is beautiful work but made the quilt very very heavy.

Published Fri, Jul 24 2009 1:42 AM by Thea

Comments

# re: A Year in the Garden@ Friday, July 24, 2009 10:40 AM

Althea,

Beautiful quilt.  I love being able to put a face to the name, thank you for posting the pic of you and your cat.

# re: A Year in the Garden@ Friday, July 24, 2009 11:32 AM

Spud, I'll have to put a new pic up there...lol... I cut my hair about 2 months ago and did a little coloring... I don't normally color it but found this box under the sink that had been there since I worked - figured why waste it... the picture of me in the little box with my Christmas Cat quilt is what I look like now... not much different...lol

This was my favorite quilt until I made Moondance - I can't find a picture of it to post so may have to drag it out - hang it up and take one again.  I love her quilt patterns - I try to do justice to them.

by Thea

# re: A Year in the Garden@ Friday, July 24, 2009 11:37 AM

Althea--

Must say, you more than "do justice" to the designs.  Your quilt is beautiful.

# re: A Year in the Garden@ Friday, July 24, 2009 12:21 PM

Thank you - I try real hard!  And Beth really does make it easy for someone to make beautiful quilts.  I love her patterns and her tips and tricks... I think she calls them sneaky peaky tricks.  She is a hoot if you ever get to take a class with her.  I am going to have that pleasure again next year - I talked my guild in Ponca City into booking  her for April and I can't wait.

by Thea

# re: A Year in the Garden@ Saturday, July 25, 2009 12:01 AM

althea, would love to see a full shot of his quilt. it's cool  how the applique spills across the sashings  hmmm another idea flows into the brain.    gini

by gini

# re: A Year in the Garden@ Saturday, July 25, 2009 8:51 PM

I'll try - it is a big quilt - i think it ended up measuring 98 x 108" ... I think I have one somewhere - it is difficult finding all my pictures - my PC died a couple years back and although everything was transferred from the hard drive to my lap top I am still hunting for things...lol

by Thea

# re: A Year in the Garden@ Sunday, July 26, 2009 6:32 AM

Oh now that I've seen this one, I have a hard time choosing if I like The Eleanor Burns quilt or this one better....I think this one because of the colors and the way you did the applique. It is so cheerful. It was nice to see a picture of you too. Thanks for sharing.