Thea's quilting trials and tribulations.

Life teaches us many lessons! Some of the greatest lessons in my life have been taught to me by my quilts and the people that I have met through my quilting.

My DH's quilt for on his pool table

This is the quilt I made for DH for his pool table - It is made from a Michael Miller Fabric that had pool table and billiards stuff on it - DH wanted a quilt for a cover for the table.

I tried to do a ribbon affect from dark to light inbetween the squares that I fussy cut - the ribbons are a black/grey combo

blue to light blue - green to light green and reds...

DH loves his quilt!

Published Thu, Jul 23 2009 11:30 PM by Thea

Comments

# re: My DH's quilt for on his pool table@ Friday, July 24, 2009 12:41 AM

Okay, Althea that looks nothing like a pool table.

The quilt is very nice, I'm sure hubby really likes it.

# re: My DH's quilt for on his pool table@ Friday, July 24, 2009 12:57 AM

the pool table gets cold?   what ever, it will have a beautiful table warmer on it.   gini

by gini

# re: My DH's quilt for on his pool table@ Friday, July 24, 2009 1:36 AM

I laid all the quilts on this bed - way back when to photo them - this bed isn't even in my house anymore...lol  The room that it was in has been turned into my sewing room - although at this time my sewing machine is still in the front living room - I don't heat or a/c this room to try and save on some of our huge electrical bill and this winter i was terribly sick - I went from bronchitis to pneumonia to okay for a day and then the bronchitis would start again - I was sick for almost 4 months - I really didn't think I was ever going to get better... DH moved the sewing machine and cabinet into the front livingroom so that when i felt up to it I could move to there and sew... it was really sweet of him... I need one of these days to move it back - maybe in the fall when it cools down...

God bless,

Althea

by Thea

# re: My DH's quilt for on his pool table@ Wednesday, February 17, 2010 10:06 PM

Sorry about that four months of down time: bummer!

Your quilts. Oh, they are so beautiful and varried and (Wow!) prolific. You are producing as I wish I could.

# re: My DH's quilt for on his pool table@ Wednesday, February 17, 2010 10:15 PM

I forgot what I had intended to comment about. I am working on a pool table cover, too! Mine is not going to be as fabulous as this one of yours, though. I am using large squares in a four-patch and am trying to embroider the blue squares (at least some of them) with large pool motifs, including calligraphy--it is time to put the embroidery machine to use, although I remain afraid of it.

The camel fabric forming the alternate squares has a giraffe skin kind of imprint, so I will leave those squares plain. I have a heavy coordinating fabric for the outside border.  I am contemplating making the quilt reversible to a Christmas design, perhaps a kind of Through the Barn Door design. Any suggestions? All my fabrics are heavy to protect the table, so this quilt will not likely ever cover a bed. LOL

Again, the pool cover you have made for your DH is gorgeous, enticing, and colorful! I am certain he enjoys it very much.

# re: My DH's quilt for on his pool table@ Thursday, February 18, 2010 9:27 AM

Althea

I have just found this quilt it is fantastic I bet your DH loved it.