It's Mystery Quilt Time!

Get out your stashes of fabric! Go buy new fabric! Finish all those UFO'S! And clear your schedule for the next 6 weeks, because it's time for QCA's 10th Mystery Quilt!

This quilt has been a long time coming. We've planned, prodded, diagrammed, and tested the quilt (designed by the awesome Jennifer of QCA!). This time around, we will be adding a little contest into the mix. Who doesn't love some friendly competition?

Mystery Quilt Calendar

The first step on the mystery quilt will be given on Monday September 1st. I have created a forum, Mystery Quilt #10, where each step will be posted. The schedule is as follows:

Sept. 1st: The first step is given

Each Monday a new step will be given: Sept 8, 15, 22, 29, Oct 6, 13.

Competed quilts should be posted on the QCA Show & Tell Gallery by October 20th. Please tag your quilt with Mystery Quilt #10 when you upload it.

But, QCA Rachel, why the deadline?

As I mentioned before, this mystery quilt has a contest and prize tied in with it. What is the contest?

After you post your finished mystery quilts on QCA, I will be opening up a voting center for anyone to vote on their favorite mystery quilt. Ask your friends, family, neighbors, waitress, anyone to come on to the site and vote for your completed mystery quilt. After one week, I will close the voting, and the person with the most votes will win a Mulberry Millie upright quilt basting frame valued at $200!

Let's run this down again:

The Mystery Quilt begins September 1st when the first step will be given. The last step will be given on Oct. 13th. To be entered into the contest for a Mulberry Millie quilt basting frame, a picture of the completed mystery quilt must be posted on the Show & Tell Gallery by October 20th with the tag: Mystery Quilt #10.

I will open up audience voting on Oct. 21st and close the voting on Oct. 28th. The quilt with the most votes wins!

I can't wait to start this adventure with you and see what your creative minds complete with the mystery quilt! Let's have fun with this and help each other along. Please quilters, post pictures, questions, struggles, triumphs on the mystery quilt forum as we go through this 6 week project. I am confident you will be pleased with the end results!

All my best,

QCA Rachel

Comments

jadunn wrote re: It's Mystery Quilt Time!
on Wednesday, 20 August 2014, 2:19 PM

Does completed mean just the top, or quilted and bound?

qcarachel wrote re: It's Mystery Quilt Time!
on Wednesday, 20 August 2014, 2:29 PM

Hi jadunn! We would prefer quilted and bound-however-seeing as time is a factor and we don't want to rush you, we will take pictures of quilt tops.

Judy T-Bellingham wrote re: It's Mystery Quilt Time!
on Wednesday, 20 August 2014, 4:39 PM

Are you going to post a link on the main QCA page, on the left side? As well as post something in the main forum?

I have to decide if I'm going to do it this time. I want to!! Something else would have to go to the back of the pile.

Can't wait for it to start. Thanks Rachel

Akedrn wrote re: It's Mystery Quilt Time!
on Wednesday, 20 August 2014, 4:49 PM

Will there be a special forum for this quilt (e.g. Mystery Quilt #10)? I looked for one by clicking on your link but wasn't able to find one to join.

Joyce wrote re: It's Mystery Quilt Time!
on Wednesday, 20 August 2014, 5:58 PM

I think I would like to try a Mystery quilt but what if I don't finish it in your time line.  Does that mean I should not join?

Joyce

from Maryland

Judy T-Bellingham wrote re: It's Mystery Quilt Time!
on Wednesday, 20 August 2014, 6:37 PM

Joyce, join in! Even if you don't finish, you'll have a wonderful start to a quilt you will treasure.

qcarachel wrote re: It's Mystery Quilt Time!
on Thursday, 21 August 2014, 7:09 AM

We want everyone to join in! The contest is just a little extra incentive to get the quilt done-and to add a little more fun to the mix! I will be replacing the "Mystery Quilt #9 on the left hand side of the home screen with the new forum. The new forum is already created. There is just nothing written yet. I didn't create a group, but rather a public forum that anyone can read.

Debi wrote re: It's Mystery Quilt Time!
on Thursday, 21 August 2014, 3:20 PM

Looking forward to it, any fabric choice clues????

Mamagshouse Donna Gilliam wrote re: It's Mystery Quilt Time!
on Friday, 22 August 2014, 7:07 PM

Can't wait. I'll be home by the 6th so I should be able to catch up quickly.

Roxana wrote re: It's Mystery Quilt Time!
on Sunday, 24 August 2014, 12:52 PM

Sounds like fun!

MissCynthia wrote re: It's Mystery Quilt Time!
on Friday, 29 August 2014, 8:25 PM

How do I sign up to receive the Mystery Quilt?

LGardner4 wrote re: It's Mystery Quilt Time!
on Saturday, 30 August 2014, 12:46 AM

I love mystery quilts! But I hand quilt, so there's no way I could finish in time for the deadline.

Traceyd1977 wrote re: It's Mystery Quilt Time!
on Sunday, 31 August 2014, 12:55 PM

Just found the website and this great sounding blog via Facebook.... Looking forward to the quilt

Redhead5162 wrote re: It's Mystery Quilt Time!
on Sunday, 31 August 2014, 5:08 PM

Where to we get the amount of fabric needed to do the quilt.  I want to do this.  Will be gone out of state Oct. 6 and 13. Will I still be able to get the clues?

DebTreweek wrote re: It's Mystery Quilt Time!
on Sunday, 31 August 2014, 5:17 PM

I love mystery quilts. I have never been disappointed and I can't wait to start. :)

qcarachel wrote re: It's Mystery Quilt Time!
on Sunday, 31 August 2014, 10:32 PM

Hello All! I am so excited by your enthusiasm for the mystery quilt. There is no group for the quilt or signing up for anything, simply look at the Mystery Quilt #10 forum each Monday to find a new step listed. I just posted the first step-have fun! Here is the link to the forum: www.quiltersclubofamerica.com/.../6632.aspx

Thereislightonthehorizon wrote re: It's Mystery Quilt Time!
on Monday, 1 September 2014, 11:46 PM

At this time I have made 2 and 1/2 baby quilts.   So, OK, I'm seriously just a beginner.....but I like the idea of doing a project together :)

I'm really looking forward to "seeing" what this will be :)

Let's go!

cece wrote re: It's Mystery Quilt Time!
on Wednesday, 3 September 2014, 1:00 PM

It will be fun to make a mystery quilt. I have lots of scraps to use up.  Thanks!

Jackie1121 wrote re: It's Mystery Quilt Time!
on Wednesday, 3 September 2014, 1:32 PM

So I gather from reading all the comments and responses that there is not going to be a PDF we can print out for the various steps to Mystery Quilt #10?

Dlhuett330 wrote re: It's Mystery Quilt Time!
on Wednesday, 3 September 2014, 3:23 PM

I have done three mystery quilts and really like watching a project develop! Can't wait to get started!

GLORIAF wrote re: It's Mystery Quilt Time!
on Wednesday, 3 September 2014, 7:43 PM

I love mystery quilts. Can't wait to get started.  Hope to finish to

be entered in the contest

Cecilia wrote re: It's Mystery Quilt Time!
on Sunday, 7 September 2014, 9:58 AM

Where do I find pictures of fabric quilter's have chosen for this mystery.  Thank you.

Rochelle wrote re: It's Mystery Quilt Time!
on Wednesday, 24 September 2014, 1:24 AM

I want to do this Mystery quilt, even with a late start.

Donna wrote re: It's Mystery Quilt Time!
on Wednesday, 28 January 2015, 6:56 AM

I know it is late. but how do I find the file to start the #10 quilt? Where do I join if necessary?

Donna wrote re: It's Mystery Quilt Time!
on Wednesday, 28 January 2015, 6:56 AM

Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.